Grauenwald has a lot of experience in Productivity, so we made a list of 21 Tips to make you into a Productivity BEAST! You don’t need to follow all of them but be true to yourself.
Here are 21 tips to get you to your best productivity.
- Check emails in the afternoon so you protect the peak energy hours of your mornings for your best work.
- Stop waiting for the perfect moment to launch your dream project. Immediate actions fuel a positive feedback loop that drives more productivity.(I recommend you my easy method)
- Remember that big, brave goals release energy. So set them clearly and then revisit them every morning for 5 minutes.
- Chaos creates stress. So clean out the clutter in your work space. (Clean up your room by J. Peterson)
- Get rid of your TV and Netflix. You’re just watching other people get successful versus doing the things that will get you to your dreams.
- Say goodbye to the energy vampires in your life (the negative souls who steal your enthusiasm).
- Make routines. Peak productivity’s not about luck. It’s about devotion.
- Get up at 5 am. Win the battle of the bed. Put mind over mattress. This habit alone will strengthen your willpower so it serves you more dutifully in the key areas of your life.
- Avoid too many meetings.
- Don’t say yes to every request. Most of us have a deep need to be liked. That translates into us saying yes to everything – which is the end of your elite productivity.
- Outsource everything you can’t be BIW (Best in the World) at. Focus only on activities within what I call “Your Picasso Zone”.
- Stop multi-tasking. New research confirms that all the distractions invading our lives are rewiring the way our brains work (and drop our IQ by 5 points!). Be one of the rare-air few who develops the mental and physical discipline to have a mono-maniacal focus on one thing for many hours.
- Get fit like the Rock. Getting to your absolute best physical condition will create explosive energy, renew your focus and multiply your creativity.
- Workout every second day.
- Drink more water. Dehydration makes you powerless.
- Work in max 60 minute blocks with 10 minute intervals to recover and refuel.
- Write a Stop Doing List with bad habits you want to stop.
- Use your commute time. Podcasts and Audiobooks are perfect for traveling by car or train.
- Be a contrarian. Why buy your groceries at the time the store is busiest? Why go to movies on the most popular nights? Why hit the gym when the gym’s completely full? Do things at off-peak hours and you’ll save so many of them.
- Get things right the first time even if it’s small.
- Get lost. Don’t be so available to everyone.Pure focus. Massive results.
I honestly hope these 21 Tips have been valuable to you becoming a productive beast. Your productivity is one of the most valuable things in your life. So please protect it!