The Paleo Diet is designed after our ancestors eating habits, when humans were hunter and gatherers. Of course we don’t know for sure what they ate but scientists can highly assume it.
Benefits of Paleo
Sources say following the Paleo diet will decrease the rates of obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Eating like a caveman will make you strong linke one. Remember how the caveman hunted the biggest dinosaurs like t-rex!
Paleolithic Meal Plan
The main idea of the Paleo Diet is to eat less processed food and more whole foods.
You should avoid this on Paleo
- Highly processed Food: Everything with many additives or labeled as “diet” or “low-fat”
- Grains: Bread, pastas, wheat etc
- Legumes: Beans etc
- Sugar and high-fructose sirup: table sugar, candy, ice creams etc
- Dairy: avoid all forms of dairy
- Vegetable oils: sunflower oil, soybean oil, grapeseed oil etc
- Artificial sweeteners: This means no Coke Zero! No Aspartame, sucralose , saccharine, potasium. Use natural sweeteners instead!
You can eat this on Paleo Diet
- Meat: organic meat is the best
- Vegetables: Onions, carrots, broccoli etc.
- Fish and SeaFood: Like salmon, shrimp, Tuna etc.
- Fruits: Banana, apples, grapefruit etc
- Tubers: potato, sweet potato etc
- Nuts and Seed: Macadamia, walnuts, hazelnut etc
- Salt and spices
- Healthy fats and oils: coconut oil, avocado oil etc
Try to buy organic and grass-fed products if you can afford it! Most of the time our cheap meat gets pumped with chemicals which hurts us in the long run besides it just tastes worse than organic.
My personal recommendations for you!