This tutorial will explain how to meditate for beginners!
First of all meditation is not a high form of art which only professionals can perform and you don’t need to sit on a cold hard ground like in the movies! Follow along on this relaxing path to your inner silence.
Try to find a relaxing location. It doesn’t need to be completely silent but it shall be apart of street noises and voices. It can be outdoor or even indoor.
Place and Position
In all movies people are meditating on the hard ground but you really don’t need to. The optimal meditation position is where you the most relaxed at for example a nice soft chair. Nevertheless meditating on your bed sitting or lying is a bad idea. Your bed is only for sleeping!
Start with 5 easy minutes and increase it every third day by another 5 minutes. Furthermore meditation should be practiced 2 times a day or even more in breaks or before working.
How to meditate
There are 5 usual types of meditation:
- Loving-kindness meditation: With deep breaths you open your mind to receive loving kindness and send love into the world.
- Body scan: You start at one and of your body and progress and work through the whole to relax.
- Mindfulness meditation: Remind yourself about the current situation and become aware of where you are and how you feel.
- Breath awareness meditation: Focusing on breathing deeply.
- Transcendental Meditation: During meditation you focus on a mantra to transcend and rise above the state of your current being.
Pick up the most fitting type for you or just try all 5. Personally I do breath Awareness Meditation and Loving-Kindness Meditation.
Thanks for reading my how to meditate for beginners tutorial! Below are another interesting articles hand picked for you!